Macapuno delight!


Since last year, I have made it a habit to eat healthy. I do not eat rice and have been skipping pretty much anything that I feel will put on those unwanted pounds that I was able to shed.  There is however one thing that I cannot skip—that is, the dessert.

Be it cake or jell-o or fudge or chocolates, I love dessert. While I know some people who in buffets eat dessert second, I love eating mine last, slowly savoring it until everyone gets done eating theirs.

So, imagine bliss when, after attending the recent Marketing Influencers Summit 2012,  three(!) bottles of PuroMakapuno from Philhybrid (www.philhybrid.com) were given out as give-aways. Oh the possibilities! 

For those who are not familiar, macapuno is simply a variety of the coconut that yields more flesh. However, in the Philippines, macapuno is the young coconut served as dessert, sometimes caramelized, sometimes candied. 

Anyway, Philhybrid produces and markets embryo-cultured macapuno seedlings. 

(Note: I realized, while doing a few researches, that macapuno is such an important product. It has high "economic value" and big market potential because it is also being used for pharma and personal care products. According to http://www.pinoybisnes.com/agri-business/economic-importance-of-macapuno/, one can get up to Php 800,000 monthly income. WOW.) 



Now, I grew up in Bulacan, the Home of Sevilla’s Sweets, which is basically the best macapuno in town.  I am (used to be) friends with one of them Sevilla kids and we go way back, so believe me when I tell you I know my macapuno, in all forms. I like mine sweet, but not too sweet, and I dont like it too soft. I like being able to bite into it. 

So, when I got home, I placed a jar in the  fridge, opened it after an hour and then tried it. I kid you not when I tell you that I almost finished a whole jar! That IS a lot, for someone who eats healthy! But it is so good, you keep on coming back to the fridge for more. PuroMakapuno is not too sweet. It has that perfect feel in the mouth, chewy alright, and meaty. 


Because I recently started making my own weekly jelly dessert, I thought it would be really interesting to incorporate it. I got lychee jell-o and when it was about to settle,  I dropped some macapuno. It was so good! It took me a week to finish all the jell-o I made. :)


Anyway, if you are looking for a Christmas giveaway or for a quick dessert, I suggest you try PuroMakapuno. You just have to look real hard to get one ;) 

###

For more information on Philhybrid, visit their website http://www.philhybrid.com/index.htm or email info@philhybrid.com.  

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas. Love it!
    hdmf acquired assets

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very helpful thank you very much! I also know a reliable and authentic real estate properties
    <.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desserts may us happy, I will make one for my aunt later. Happiness that you can explain but you can compare it with the feeling of finding a house that is suitable for your budget and lifestyle in realty services

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! I must try this at home. For now, check out the best real estate topics at realty services.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts