In the Meantime.. yet again

One of my clients said it best.. "pag nanay ka, (especially single mom), kahit ano papasukin mo".

I recently resigned from a flourishing PR job--that job which I have always wanted to do--fine dining, wine, media relations, brainstorming... because the environment wasn't healthy anymore. I guess that's how it is in an agency--its very much dog-eat-dog. Which shouldn't be the case, really, especially amongst PR practitioners.

Now, after the "high" of freedom, I feel like I am forced to getting another meantime job. Good compensation offer but it reminds me of something so close to home. And the professionalism is still questionable. This isn't the situation I dreamed of, post graduating from THE premiere university. I have always been a corporate person and I know then that I will end up in a corporate institution. But with my current situation, I feel like I have to accept another "meantime" job. One which I feel I may not be able to grow, corporate-wise. But I have to accept. Because I have a baby depending on me. And I have bills to pay.

If only things were a little different.

Comments

Popular Posts