Going Natural

They say that pregnancy changes you, in so many ways than one. Every week, there is just so much you can discover about yourself, your body and to some extent, the father of your child.

True what they say that every pregnancy is different. With Sophie, I was very strong. I got to attend events until way in the morning, and I also was preparing for a major change in my life back then. I ate as much as I can, thinking that I was eating for two (double the carbs!). I didn't care about what i applied, what i took in and what I drank.

This time, yes I still ate/ eat a lot, but I am more conscious about weight and food quality. First trimester was tricky because whenever I felt dizzy, I would eat sweets. From a very active lifestyle where I went to the gym, walked 10K steps a day and ran every Sundays, I now am more sedentary and to some extent, got to catch up on my sleep.

Another major change is that, ever since I learned about the pregnancy, I shifted to mostly natural, paraben and sulfate-free products such as personal care and make up. This supposedly make for a healthier baby, and while Sophie turned out perfect sans me going au natural, you can never tell just how much toxins there are in the food, in cosmetics etc! Better be safe.

I get a lot of my essentials from Human Nature (www.humanheartnature.com), BeautyMNL and the body butter from Palmer's (got the tub this time because with my first pregnancy,the other kind did not work!).

I particularly like lemon/ citrus and milky scents now.  I also am trying argan oil because supposedly it is THE miracle oil.

Some of my favorites/ staples are the following:

Human Nature's Nourishing Facial Wash
is perfect for those who cannot identify if they are oily or dry (that's me!)
Its just weird because it can be very slimy at first but after the second washing ( and you have to wash your face twice)
it gets better, squeaky clean, just how I like it.
So far, I haven't had any major breakouts. 

I love the mandarin scent of this shampoo! 

I love the lemon scent. I am currently trying lavender but it ain't as
happy and the mint is making me uncomfortable.

With the Aloe conditioner, my hair smells fresh all the time


Photo Credits: www.humanheartnature.com

Comments

Popular Posts