19 Weeks and counting


Today, I am entering my 19th week of pregnancy! One more week and I shall be halfway through. Pregnancy is such a silo of highs and lows, usually felt randomly in one day.

It has been almost 8 years since my last pregnancy and therefore, everything that is happening now is pretty new. Some would expect that I would remember what went on before, but to be honest, I cannot. What I do remember are the milestones, like when I first felt Sophie moved and labor, but the rest are just gone.

Two weeks ago, during my pre-flight ultrasound, (I needed to get an ultrasound for my OB certificate that I am allowed to fly to Thailand), the OB cannot yet determine the baby’s gender. She said 80 percent female, but we just want to make sure she really is a SHE before we finalize her name J We have nice ideas already, and no one actually wants to let go of the suggested names—not me, not the papa and not the soon-to-be older sister.

At 19 weeks, my linea negra started showing already. My tummy has gotten really HUGE and itchy and the skin are getting really dry, despite consistently applying Palmer’s Tummy Butter. I have been very strict about diet pre-pregnancy, and exercise to boot, but now, I just am too lazy. I guess I needed more motivation for it. I have been looking at Yoga classes but so far no one has responded. I will have to start soon though because my back cannot seem to carry anymore weight. I feel likw my whole upper body is folding frontwards.

Another low for me is weight gain. It has been phenomenal, and sometimes, it borders on scary! I started pregnancy at 130 lbs and I am now 145! Usually, I don't like how I look like, and I feel like a heavy duck waddling. And my hair! I read about pregnancy glow and all that nice nails and hair, but my hair is simply sallow! I also am developing flakes and they aren't nice at all.

I love dressing up though. I like the pregnancy curve, and it gives you a beautiful excuse to show your tummy. When I am really dressed up for work, I feel really good and know I look good.


At Pinto Art Museum, 14 weeks pregnant 






  

Comments

Popular Posts