Here comes Saoirse!

It has been exactly three weeks since I gave birth and I can still remember every minute detail that happened.

CHECK IN

February 29, a Monday, Julius, his Mom and I got myself admitted at Makati Medical Center for my scheduled CS the day after, March 1. We left Fairview around 9 AM, as I got an SMS from Makati Med that the room I reserved was ready.

It as a very efficient admissions process. The week before, I had my room reserved already and I was advised that they will send me an SMS once the room is ready.  I got a small private package. I had my OB note that I am claustrophobic and would therefore require a room that has windows--which  was given to me.

When we got admitted, they gave me a gown, which I changed into. Then I was advised that I will be wheeled to the delivery room for fetal monitoring. Around 4PM, an orderly got me and wheeled me to the room where I was hooked to an apparatus and was asked to press buttons when I feel the baby move. And she did a lot of moving. After that, I was wheeled to the room again and had the rest of the day to rest. I was told to fast starting 12 AM as my operation was scheduled 9AM the following day. I was also advised that I can opt to take a bath around 6 AM because that would probably be the last bath I would take in a while.

So that was how I spent my last pregnancy night.

March 1--THE DAY!

So the day went like clockwork. I got up, ate breakfast, took a bath and then was picked up in a wheelchair and wheeled to the operating room. 

I was in by 9AM. It was a small room--smaller than the one I saw on the website. But it was sterile. Everyone started coming in  one by one and by 915,  the assistants  and   my OB were all there. It was a relief to see her familiar face. Someone asked me where my husband is, and so I told him he is just waiting outside and that they can let him in. The anesthesiologist then introduced herself and told me what the process would be like. She said it will take effect immediately. I asked her if I will be awake and she said yes, but reassured me that I wont feel a thing. She asked me if I am ready. I said yes and she told her assistant to clean my back where the syringe will go. I panicked a little, remembering the trauma I had when I was delivering Sophie. But it was undue because this time, I just felt the syringe and something cold and that was that. My lower body was almost instantly numb. 

This one was crying all the way. No oneed for the usual spanking.
She came out and she was crying when she got out of the sack.
Signs of things to come ;)

Then they covered my lower body from view with a blue cloth. Procedure started and I saw my husband taking pictures, but he was far. I knew of course that he will not go near the procedure. By this time, I was in a daze. Then I remember having shortness of breathing and I wanted to complain. I heard my OB told her team to get ready and then, I cant breathe again, as if someone was pushing my lungs!

Hello world!


A few seconds later I heard her--she had the loudest, clearest wail I have ever heard, made by an infant! They cleaned her (I assume) and had her latch on to me. I was looking, trying to see how she looks like. She almost instantly knew she had to feed! The pedia would later tell me that I am blessed because some babies do not get it immediately or worst, would refuse to. We had our photos taken. The doctors were showing my husband how my myomas--all fur of them looked like but he refused to look at it. After the photo sessions, I allowed my self to rest, finally, but just halfway. I woke up feeling I was moving, and that was when I realized I was being wheeled to the recovery room. Husband said he accompanied Saoirse to the room because I had to be stitched and all that. When I got in the room, there she was again, the loudest kid crying. She has this distinct "The Nanny" voice that you would never mistake for anything.

And that was how Saoirse was born. 

Born March 1, 2016


Before breastfeeding.
After was a different picture altogether. 





Comments

Popular Posts