36!



There's been so much going on in life. If you do not pay close attention, it is going to be like a dog walking you instead of you walking the dog. Funny analogy right? but spot on.

Last week, I celebrated my 36th birthday without much fanfare. Just simple quality time with my family and kids. And I got into thinking--I have been doing that lately--it has been 36 long years and what have I to show for?

This year, my 36th year, I plan to be better and to finish what I have started.

Our pastor has been preaching about goals lately. He said you have tp have short term and long term goals. TO be able to achieve that, he said, change 1% of something and at the end of the year, you will be better. Or at least would have moved from one place to another. So here are the 5 things I plan to change this year. Just these 5 things. And then we'll see by year end.

1. I have always planned to read one book a month. I used to be a voracious reader, until I lost the fuel. I am starting with this book I got for my birthday about Grit, which felt an apt book to kick off with.

2. Spend at least 30 minutes a day reading the Bible and on devotion. I used to do this religiously when we were living in the condo but somehow, I lost it. I feel pretty lost actually, like basically just gliding through life without sail. I plan to get Got to help me and steer me to where He plans me to be.

3. I plan to eat well. I have been eating a lot of unhealthy food lately and it is making me feel heavy and fat. I just want to feel good again.

4. I plan to walk more. I haven't returned to my hardcore exercise groove since I got back from maternity leave (my kid is turning two!) and it has resulted to me always with a very low energy and resistance that does not even last until 3 PM. And maybe lose a couple of pounds in the process.

5. I plan to spend more time with my family. Just more quality time with my growing kids. :)

So, let's do a quick check at the end of the year, shall we?

##

Comments

Popular Posts