Bring it on, 2016!

Happy New Year!

The Christmas and New Year Holidays went by so fast--all two glorious weeks of it and this week is the first week we all got back to work. January 4, the first working day of the year was very interesting. There were so much energy, as they say open they year right, but at the same time,  after two weeks of slothing around, especially for this pregnant woman, jumpstarting the body to work mode was particularly difficult.

2015 Family Christmas Photo


So how did this heavily pregnant woman handled the Christmas rush? Thankfully, because a lot of our gifts were bought early on or either from previous trips, from the office (products) and online, we were able to check off everyone on the lists--including Sophie's classmates and teachers! This year, I was able to realize a new technique--that is, to give both Sophie and her Papa a blank list and ask them to fill it so I have a guide what to prepare. Sophie handled this rather diligently but her Papa needed a little more push and help, as expected.

Being a fan of personalized tags, I made Sophie her own My Little Pony Tags and had it printed. I also had our family tags printed, and this year, we (I actually), did away with the dog names and added Baby S! I'snt that cute? I also got letter stamps so instead of writing the names of the recipients, I stamped it!

Finally got to eat at the Bencab Museum










 





 

This year, the family and I had a particularly long holiday. The first parts were spent up in Baguio, visiting some of the favorite places and eating the season away.

At 29 weeks into the pregnancy, it was very difficult for me to move around, but I tried walking every morning, just so I can buy puto bumbong for breakfast. Oh how I  love puto bumbong, and even now, I still crave for it!

Unfortunately, because probably I walked too much, I had my dreaded premature contractions again and had to ask the Papa to bring me to the ER at 3 AM of December 25! Imagine! Good thing the hospital was very near the hotel and there weren't so much people so we were done before the sun was up! I was advised to rest and stop walking and so I did, a little.

  
  
 

  

  

After Christmas, we squeezed in some time to get a few baby items off the list--crib, sterilizer and small items now ticked off!

The New Year celebrations were spent in Bulacan with my side of the family. It was fun because this year, we got to bring Edwin again with us and it was all cool. Sophie had her first ever chance to pick up the chicken egg and walk around. She really wanted to go fishing but since we werent prepared again, I promised her next year hence she raring to go out the first morning of 2017!



So, what do I have in-store for 2016? A lot of changes definitely! The baby for one will take up most of my time, and then getting back in shape again. Then work is promising and getting more interesting by the day.
So bring it on 2016! I am so ready!


Comments

Popular Posts