Last Stretch!

They say that the last stretch is always the most difficult--be it gym routine, swimming and other activities. I think the same is true for pregnancy. As I enter the third and final stretch of my pregnancy, it feels like its gonna be one tough stretch, even for me.

In Paluan, Occidental Mindoro for the APEC vacation and
24 Weeks Pregnant With our Water Baby :)

This trimester, I am transitioning from being the cute pregnant woman that I (think I) was to being huge. I also am on the stage where I would rather save money and buy baby things over my pregnancy outfits, therefore, I make do with the pregnancy clothes I accumulated early on--still cute but generic. My emotional bouts are also getting frequent!


But this doesn't mean I did not/ do not enjoy my pregnancy, because in reality, I did, on so many levels. I loved the shape, the attention and the fluttering in my belly. I loved that Sophie loves experiencing this with me--including watching the videos, going to ultrasound schedules, choosing names and minor shopping. I have yet to take her to more shopping but I think I will, soon.

I will start my leave by February 15 and by then, I hope to get some reading time and some more Sophie time. That will be her birthday week too, so it will be strategic.

Last Saturday, the three of us went for the third trimester screening and ultrasound. We finally confirmed the gender of the baby (HAPPY!) and we also saw the the baby's face and her position and everything else. Her spine and head shape is okay and so I am relieved, especially because I have 5 myomas coming into this pregnancy. I have been praying day and night for a safe delivery and a normal and healthy baby, and I know God is good.

In two week's time, I shall be having my pregnancy photo shoot and my 3D and 4D scanning. I am very excited because I really wanted to see the face of the baby.Until then, I cannot wait!

Comments

Popular Posts